PROTECTION PLEDGE TERM EXPERT24HR
The Experts24HR Protection Pledge Terms
What is the “Experts24HR Protection Pledge”?
Experts24HR will, subject to the terms of the Experts24HR Protection Pledge, compensate (a) Users up to GBP 100 per occurrence for Losses arising from (i) Property Damage as a direct result of negligence of an Expert during performance of a Job; or (ii) Bodily Injury sustained by a User as a direct result of negligence of an Expert during performance of a Job, or (b) Clients up to GBP 100 per occurrence for Losses arising from Theft of a User’s property by an Expert during performance of a Job, in each case if a Claim is brought within fourteen (14) days of the Job giving rise to the Claim taking place.
You will be covered under the Experts24HR Protection Pledge for every Job, subject to the exclusions below, as long as:
- The Job is agreed between a Client and an Expert on the Experts24HR Platform, performed by the hired Expert and paid for in full through via the Experts24HR Platform.
- The Job does not violate our Terms of Service (including the Best Practices Guide).
- You have not submitted a separate Claim within ninety (90) days prior to the Job giving rise to the Claim taking place.
- You have submitted the Experts24HR Resolutions Claim Form within 14 days of the Job or by the Resolutions Claim Expiration Date (if applicable).
- The Job did not originally require a licensed professional to complete including but not limited to plumbers, electricians, medical professionals, attorneys, notary public, licensed general contractor, exterminators, etc.
- Your Experts24HR account is in good standing with no outstanding balances owed to Experts24HR Inc or Experts.
What is excluded from the Experts24HR Protection Pledge?
The “Experts24HR Protection Pledge” does not cover the following (the “Excluded Losses”):
- losses arising from operation of any motor vehicle, aircraft or watercraft by an Expert;
- losses arising out of acts of nature, including, but not limited to, pollution, earthquakes and weather related events such as hurricanes and tornadoes;
- losses that a User could be held liable for under loss of income, workers’ compensation, unemployment compensation or disability benefits law;
- losses arising out of any intellectual property claim;
- losses arising out of interruption of business, loss of market, loss of income and/or loss of use;
- losses for property damage exceeding the original value for such property, less any standard depreciation;
- losses as a result of theft of property in excess of GBP 100 for each Claim or any other intentional wrongful act by an Expert;
- losses arising from negligence of a Client or third party
- losses arising from a manufacturer’s or a product’s defects
- losses from pre-existing damages or conditions of the item or property;
- losses arising from items supplied by the Client or due to Client recommendations (i.e. if a manufacturer recommends affixing furniture to a wall and a Client declines to have furniture affixed);
- losses arising from intentional acts including: (i) Assault and Battery or (ii) Sexual Abuse or Molestation
- losses arising from flooding and/ or water damages including mold, fungi or bacteria;
- losses arising from products containing hazardous or harmful materials, communicable diseases, acts of terrorism, product liability, or pollution;
- losses of cash and securities, pets, personal liability or damage to shared or common areas;
- losses arising from shipping costs and/ or shipping of replacement items;
- losses reported more than 14 days after the Job took place or after the Resolutions Claim Expiration Date;
- losses of theft without a valid police report;
- losses with insufficient documentation.
Your Primary Insurance
If you carry insurance that would cover you in the event of a Claim, such as renter’s insurance, homeowner’s insurance or an umbrella policy (“Personal Insurance”), you agree that your Personal Insurance is primary and the Experts24HR Protection Pledge is secondary. The Experts24HR Protection Pledge will only compensate for Losses to the extent not otherwise covered by your Personal Insurance.
How do I submit a Claim?
To submit a claim, please complete the Experts24HR Resolutions Request Form within 14 days of the Job giving rise to the Claim or the date given by the Resolutions Claim Expiration Date, if applicable Payment requests are subject to the terms as noted above, so we urge you to read through these terms and conditions prior to submitting a Claim. All Claims will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
During our Claims assessment process, you agree to (i) protect and preserve any damaged property that is the basis of a Claim from further damage, and (ii) assist and allow Experts24HR or its insurers access to inspect and make copies, photographs and recordings of anything relating to the Claim, and (iii) accept repairs by an Expert first (iv), and accept a replacement only if repairs are proven not to be an option (v), and submit requested materials by the dates outlined by the Resolutions Team, (vi) accept a replacement item subject to the standard depreciation of that item.
If any part of your Claim is approved, then as a condition to any payment to you under the Experts24HR Protection Pledge, you will be required to execute and deliver to Experts24HR the “Experts24HR Resolutions Agreement”, which includes your agreement:
- to assign to Experts24HR or its insurer any rights and remedies you may have to recover amounts paid to you with respect to an approved Claim from any party that is financially responsible for the approved Claim;
- to reasonably cooperate with us, including, at our request, appearing as a witness in any court, arbitration or like proceeding, if we seek to recover from any party the amount paid to you with respect to an approved Claim;
- to release and hold harmless Experts24HR and its insurers and all officers, directors, employees, contractors and agents of Experts24HR from any further liability or obligations with respect to the facts and circumstances of the matters and incident set forth in the Claim by signing an agreement in a form acceptable to Experts24HR;
- to treat as “confidential information” the contents and existence of such Claim and Experts24HR Resolutions Agreement; and
- to refund to us any amounts that are erroneously paid to you with respect to an approved Claim, in our determination and based upon factors including, but not limited to, documentation in our possession, your actions, and police reports, if applicable.
This Protection Pledge is subject to Experts24HR's Terms of Service.
Experts24HR's liability for its own negligence, causing death or personal injury or for fraudulent misrepresentation or for anything, which may not be legally excluded or limited. Experts24HR is not responsible for and shall have no liability in relation to any Jobs or other dealings that are facilitated by Users using our Service other than to the extent set forth in this Experts24HR Protection Pledge. Experts24HR does not review User Job postings or content, is not involved in any transactions carried out directly between Users and is not responsible or liable for the actions of Users.
"Bodily Injury" means physical injury, sickness or disease sustained by any person, including death resulting from any of these.
"Claim" means a proper Experts24HR Resolutions Request Form, as set forth here.
"Losses" means any losses other than Excluded Losses.
"Property Damage" means physical injury or damage to, or loss or destruction of tangible property.
"Theft" means the intentional and fraudulent taking of another’s tangible personal property without permission or consent of the owner, with intent to convert it to another’s use.
“Resolutions Claim Expiration Date” means any deadline communicated by the Experts24HR Support or Resolutions Teams.